During the first week the students of the Lyceum of Mykolaivka from Ukraine - the participants of the CAP-2021, brainstormed the differences between weather and climate, did some "weather/climate" exercises using WordWall and LiveWorksheet resources, watched the video from National Geographic as for the causes of climate change, made their list of local causes. While watching the video presented by their classmate, who participated in the Genius Olympiad-2021, students made a conclusion that one of the main problems of our region is uncontrolled using of plastic which causes the climate change globally as well.
During the week the students watched other school participants`videos from Italy, Moldovq and India. Then they discussed the effects of the climate change in our homeplace and add our findings to the List of Effects. Moreover we used EarthProjectApp to track the positive impact they had had on the climate through actions. Furthermore, they planted a tree - a symbol of our class. By the way, they got money for buying the tree from collecting plastic bottles.
The students from our lyceum discussed the causes,effects of Climate change and had an online meeting with pupils from India. We shared our ideas as for environmental problems of our regions and got inspired for the collaboration between our schools.
This week the students traced their footprints using the EarthProjectApp and took part in the Challenge, brainstormed their ideas as for the solutions of the climate change issues.
The fifth week has started and the students are getting ready to act. They are brainstorming their ideas to present their solutions during the online meeting with the schools from different counries of the world. Side by side with the teachers and parents they took an active part in the challenge on EarthProjectApp and prepare eco-presents for primary school children.
1. Stop thinking that somebody or something apart of us can save our planet.
2. Share our knowledge with others. Students are planning to organise meetings with the inhabitants of our village as well as the students from other schools of our region.
3. Promote a zero waste style of life at home, at school, in the community: reduce, reuse, recycle, refuse, rot. We are going to organise a campaign against burning down dry grass and leaves. For this we have connected with the chief of a local newspaper "StepovaZoria"to deliver a message that it is better for all living creatures to rot than to burn the leaves.
4. Go on educational "tours" and tell people how to sort out their waste.
5. Design a park on the territory of the Lyceum and plant trees. By the way, the administration of the establishment has supported our idea.
6. Take care about wild and homeless animals.