Our school is a technical college where 85 0 students, aged between 14 and 19, specialize in:
- Profile: Services: Field of Basic Training: Economics and Commerce
- Profile - Natural resources and environmental protection - Field of basic training: Environmental protection
- Profile: Technical: Domain: Electronic Automation, Electric, Construction and Public Works.
The school students' activity is guided by the 65 teachers, permanently concerned with providing all students with a very good preparation of culture and specialization, correlated with the local community's needs and EU educational standards, ensuring the social and professional integration of all graduates.
The quality of the instructional-educational process is also given by the preoccupation of the teaching staff for personal, professional and career development, facilitating cooperation with partners in EU education systems, developing the management skills of international projects; openness to international education policies, practices and systems.
We are experienced in carrying out national projects and collaboration with schools in Europe as a partner school in:
1. Inclusion on the way to Europe- European Quality Label
2. International Scratch Challenge#2 - with 25 partner schools from Europe;
3. International Year of Light- 67 partner schools from Europe;
b. European scientific projects
-European Code week
- Hour of Code
-STEM Discovery Week
To make the instructional-educational process more attractive and effective, to help students develop key competences and to help them prepare for life, we have carried out the following local, national and European projects :
1. Erasmus + Project, Strategic Partnership Only Among Schools - INCLUSION ON THE WAY TO EUROPE,which aims to: - Introduce of new strategies in the teaching learning process - evaluation to include pupils who fall into categories of social exclusion risk. Strategies include: - Peer learning, Peer tutoring, Team Teaching, Project-based Learning, Student-centered interactive learning.
2. Project "Improving ICT skills of teachers in the STEM area, in a European context". The project aims at increasing the competences of using and acquiring the skills of integration in the didactic activity of the new technologies Web 2.0 and modern ICT tools, as well as the acquisition of innovation transfer skills, to a number of 10 teachers from Mathematics, Sciences, Technologies, within the "Petru Poni" Technical College.
3. Project Hooked on Mathematics- The project aims at increasing competences in Mathematics for students.
School: Colegiul Tehnic " Petru Poni" Roman