Weather changes in Ukraine in 2020, which are related to climate change.
1. Winter in Ukraine is not what it used to be. That has been the conclusion among many Ukrainians after the December-January 2020 period produced remarkably mild weather and virtually no snowfall at all.
2. The snowless winter, dry autumn and spring had a very detrimental effect on the state of the Dniester - the river that supplies water to Odessa and a significant part of the region.
3. At the same time, the absence of a seasonal snow cover in much of Ukraine poses threats to winter crops.
4. Droughts and floods and other extreme weather events such as hurricanes are happening not only more frequent, but their devastating effects increase.
5. Due to heavy rains, mountain rivers in the Carpathians damaged local roads.
6. A powerful tornado passed through the territory of the Kherson region of Ukraine on September 27 2020.
However, there is a ray of hope. What should we do? See our next video
Students prepared some information about causes and effects globally: https://educationpakhomova.blogspot.com/2020/10/blog-post_5.html
After we created a test on Classtime to put the most important questions according effects globally: https://educationpakhomova.blogspot.com/2020/10/climateactionp.html
We have the possibility to invite our friends to that test and we had a great discussion online about causes and effects globally.